What is MAT?
Management Aptitude Test (MAT) is a standard aptitude test conducted in India since 1998 by the All India Management Association (AIMA). MAT is used for admission to Master of Business Administration (MBA) and allied programs by over 600 business schools across India.
What Skills are tested in MAT?
- Language Comprehension (40 marks, 30 minutes)
- Mathematical skills (40 marks, 40 minutes)
- Data Analysis and Sufficiency (40 marks, 35 minutes)
- Intelligence and Critical Reasoning (40 marks, 30 minutes)
- Indian and Global Environment (40 marks, 15 minutes)
Who is Eligible to write MAT?
- Graduates in any discipline.
- Final year students of Graduate Courses can also apply.
- Prior work experience is not mandatory.
- No specific limit on age.
- No restriction on the number of attempts.
What is the MAT exam Fees / Mode of the Test / Test Duration?
For Paper Based Test (PBT)
For Computer Based Test (CBT)
Candidate can take MAT as
(i) Paper Based Test (PBT) or (ii) Computer Based Test (CBT)
The Duration of the MAT Test is: 150 minutes (2 hours 30 minutes).
How is MAT scored?
- Each candidate is awarded +1 markfor a correct response.
- -0.25 marksare deducted for an incorrect response.
- Each section carries equal weightage of 40 marks.
- The maximum marks which a candidate can score are 200 and the scaled score is given out of 800.
What is validity period of MAT result?
- MAT exam is conducted Four times in a year i.e. in the month of February, May, September, December.
- The Validity of MAT scores is 1 year.
Who accepts MAT?
- More than 600 colleges in India accept the scores of MAT Exam.
- Any B-School – national or international consider MAT Score as an admission input based on the Score Cards issued to the candidates.
- The largest test of its kind in the India, MAT will continue to be your passport to over 600 B-Schools across India.
- MAT Score is acceptable even to certain other Institutes for considering admission of candidates for Post Graduate Degree / Diploma programmes, besides the above Institutes, subject to specific cut-off marks and other admission parameters.
MAT vs CMAT
Common Management Admission Test (CMAT) is a national level admission test for admission in all management programs approved by AICTE.
- Generally, the exam is held twice a year in the months of Feb and Sept. The better of two scores will be used for admission for 2014-15.
- AICTE has now decided to conduct CMAT in Foreign Countries for facilitating eligible NRIs/PIOs and foreign nationals to appear in CMAT for seeking admission in institutions in India following CMAT merit list for 2014-15 under special provisions defined in AICTE Approval Process and against all vacancies left after completion of centralized admission in management institutions.
Graduates in any discipline OR
Final year students of Graduate Courses (10+2+3) whose result will be declared before commencement of admission for 2014 can apply.
Note: In case of foreign nationals, it will be as per recognition and equivalence standards notified by Association of Indian Universities.
Test Duration & Pattern
|Section||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks|
|Quantitative Techniques & Data Interpretation||25||100|
|Duration of exam : 180 minutes|
|4 marks allotted for every correct answer|
|1 mark deducted for each incorrect answer|
Note: One can switch between sections or between questions at any point of time during the test.