D Rishikesh Reddy is a unique success story that we love to cherish forever. His Father choose SIGN Consulting as he got inputs from his friends that we take lots of personal care. We hesitated to admit him as he was visually impaired (Blind). His father requested us to reserve the seat in first row and said that he just listens with utmost concentration & learns. He cracked 2017 CAT and got admission at the prestigious IIM Calcutta for 2018-20 Batch.
Why SIGN Consulting [An IIT & IIM Alumnus Initiative]?
Our Online Coaching is Equally Effective
IIT/IIM and Experienced Faculty
- Rigorous Coaching & Individual Attention
- Limited Class Size
- Extremely Competitive Fee Structure [Low Fees]
- Fee includes Materials
- Online Test Series Access [270+ Tests]
- Strong in Quant, LR and DI [Team being from IIT]
- Unique Strategy to deal with Verbal [As Many Indians Struggle]
- Target IIMs / IITs / Best B-Schools in India
Top Ratings In “GOOGLE” (4.68 out of 5) [180 Reviews]
COMMON ADMISSION TEST (CAT)
INDIAN INSTITUTES OF MANAGEMENT
AHMEDABAD | BANGALORE | CALCUTTA | LUCKNOW | KOZHIKODE | INDORE | AMRITSAR | BODH GAYA
KASHIPUR | SHILLONG | NAGPUR | RAIPUR | RANCHI | ROHTAK | SAMBALPUR |
SIRMAUR | TIRUCHIRAPALLI | UDAIPUR | VISAKHAPATNAM
What are the Different Types of Management Exams in India?
CAT XAT CMAT MAT SNAP IIFT ICET NMAT
CAT – Common Admission Test [To get into IIMs / IITs and other Top B Schools] (NOVEMBER)
XAT – Xavier Admission Test [To get into XLRI Jamshedpur and other Top B Schools] (JAN)
CMAT – Common Management Admission Test
[Conducted by All India Council for Technical Education – AICTE] (JAN)
MAT – Management Aptitude Test [Conduted by All India Management Association – AIMA]
(FEB, MAY, SEPT, DEC)
SNAP – Symbiosis National Aptitude Test [Conducted by Symbiosis, Pune] (DECEMBER)
IIFT – Indian Institute of Foreign Trade (NOVEMBER)
ICET – Integrated Common Entrance Test (May) [State Level Test]
NMAT – Narsee Monjee Management Aptitude Test (Oct to Dec) [Conducted by GMAC]
WHAT IS CAT?
The Common Admission Test (CAT) is a 3 hours computer based test held in India. The test scores a candidate on the basis of Quantitative Ability (QA), Verbal Ability (VA) and Reading Comprehension (RC), Data Interpretation (DI) and Logical Reasoning (LR).
The Indian Institutes of Management (IIMs) started this exam and use the test for selecting students for their business administration programs. The test is conducted every year by one of the IIMs based on a policy of rotation.
In August 2011, it was announced that Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs) and Indian Institute of Science (IISc) would also use the CAT scores, instead of the Joint Management Entrance Test (JMET), to select students for their management programmes starting with the 2012-14 batch.
- Quantitative Aptitude
- Logical Reasoning
- Data Interpretation
- Reading Comprehension & Verbal Reasoning
WHAT IS THE ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR CAT?
- Completed Bachelor’s degree with the required percentage of marks
- Completed professional degree (CA/CS/ICWA) with required percentage
- Should be in the final year of Bachelor’s degree with required percentage.
- SC/ST/PwD candidates should have minimum 45%. For General and NC-OBC candidates, minimum is 50%.
CAT TEST DURATION AND PATTERN
There had been change in the pattern compared to previous CAT Papers.
The CAT 2020 had three sections [Total of 76 Questions] (54 MCQs and 22 Non-MCQs)
- The First Section is Quantitative Aptitude (QA) (26 Questions [18 MCQs and 8 Non MCQs])
- The Second Section is Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning (DILR) (24 Questions [18 MCQs and 6 Non MCQs])
- The Third Section is Verbal and Reading Comprehension (VRC) (26 Questions [18 MCQs and 8 Non MCQs])
- Total Time Duration is 2 hours (120 minutes).
- Sectional duration is 40 Minutes each.
- The questions comprises of Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs) and Non-MCQs.
- On Screen, Basic Calculator will be provided.
- Three (3) Marks will be awarded for each correct answer; One (1) Mark will be deducted for each wrong answer. There is no penalty for questions that are left unanswered.
- In Non-MCQs Question Type, there is no negative marks for wrong answer.
WHAT IS THE CAT EXAM FEES AND WHERE ARE THE TEST CENTERS LOCATED?
₹950 for SC, ST and PwD category candidates.
₹1900 for all other categories of candidates
CAT will be conducted in centers spread across around 147 test cities. Test cities will be mentioned in CAT website and the name of the test center will be indicated in the Admit Card. IIMs reserve the right to change or cancel any test centre / city and / or change the test time and date at their own discretion.
NOTE: A candidate needs to pay registration fee only once, irrespective of the number of institutes he/she is applying for. SC, ST and PwD candidates must upload a copy of their SC/ST/PwD certificates at the time of registration.
HOW IS CAT SCORED?
CAT scores are sub-normalised on the basis of three parts of the exam-
- Quantitative Aptitude,
- Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning
- Verbal and Reading Comprehension.
- CAT exam score, which is valid for one year only, is converted into percentile form and the best scorer is highlighted at the top to up the level of competitiveness.
- A candidate is awarded three marks each for correct answer.
- However, it also applies negative marking, since one mark each is deducted for every wrong answer.
- Candidates may note that no mark will be deducted for an unanswered question.
- CAT score helps in short-listing of the eligible candidates for further rounds.
HOW MANY DAYS DOES IT TAKE FOR ONE TO RECEIVE CAT OFFICIAL SCORE CARD?
Candidates CAT 2018 score card will be made accessible at the CAT website. Candidates may also be intimated individually by SMS. The CAT results are likely be declared by second week of January 2019. CAT score is valid only till December 31, 2019 and will accordingly be accessible on the website. Thereafter, no queries related to issuance of CAT 2018 score cards will be entertained.